Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stash and SBQ

The SBQ this week goes very well with the stash I've just received, so I'll post about them both together.

Do you like to buy “chartpacks” that include charms, buttons, and/or beads or do you prefer to gather all materials yourself?

My answer is very similar to Renée's - if there are accessories or special flosses needed to complete a project - I'd rather buy them all together. I am able to buy DMC (very expensively) and Anchor threads locally, and occasionally needles and DMC linen. But other than fabric and notions, nothing else is available locally. While I don't particularly like to buy kits if they're just plain floss and white fabric, I would (or at least chartpacks) if there are special items - I'm just to much of a wimp to do much adapting to patterns so far. I don't mind ordering fabric separately, but having to order accessories just gets difficult. Kitting up Gingham Stitches (see below) took 4 separate orders to get everything together. I'm sure I paid enough in shipping to make up for a slightly higher cost.

______________________________________________________
And here is the lovely stash I received recently in the mail. Still waiting on one package, hope it gets here soon, as I really need to get cracking on the baby sampler and my fabric is in that one.


I bought the pattern for Gingham Stitches (Erica Michaels) as well as the fabric, GAST and buttons recommended. That gingham linen is hard to find though. I also have the finishing instructions for the Design Ladies Accessory book, the stiching instructions are on their way as well. Also 3 Treasure Braids and the DMC I needed for Cranberry Sampler. My monthly stash enhancement package is a kit for a cute little ort basket by Susan Greening Davis. My FOTM is Amsterdam Blue Cashel Linen. With all this, I guess it's time to go stitch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stash! I like the look of the ort basket - very cute finishing idea :)