Saturday, February 17, 2007

February SAT Part 1

It's SAT weekend, and I have a new finish! This is the mystery flower sampler from last summer from Kissy Cross. I stitched it on 16 count white aida using DMC in 413, 470 and 3803.

I finished stitching the borders on my flower sampler this morning, and then decided that I would do the finishing as well while I was at it. I think it turned out pretty well - this was the first time I'd used a pillow form rather than stuffing and I got the dimensions right, although one of the seams was pretty tight. Unfortunately the colours don't match any of the rooms in our house right now, so I'll have to find a space for it until we finish decorating. I'm happy to get this done for a few reasons - one is that it's been hanging around for almost a year, so its about time it got done. But the other is that its one of my aida projects. I'm not starting any more projects on aida (at least not planning too) except for my flower quilt blocks. Now I'm down to only 3 aida projects, so I have more room for stitching on funner fabrics.

I'm now working on the Bee pinkeep from gift of stitching - its on the country stitch fabric that Nicki sent me for the cat lady exchange last fall - glad I finally found the perfect use for it. Hopefully pictures tomorrow.

No comments: