Friday, February 02, 2007

Cranberry Sampler Start

I started work on Cranberry Sampler by the Sweetheart Tree today. I didn't think it would be a particularly easy stitch, but didn't think I'd spend have my day frogging either. I was half done row 1 when I realized I'd made a mistake very close to the beginning. I'm going to remove the top part though and keep the bottom. I was already a bit frustrated with all the backstitching, so took a break by stitching rows 2 and 3. I'll finish frogging next time, as I don't want to get too far a head of row 1. There are 4 more similar rows, which I imagine will be the most time consuming part of the sampler - the others ones appear much quicker once you get going. The colour in the photo is terrible, but I'm stitching on 32 count ivory linen with the recommended threads (DMC so far).










While at the hospital for tests on Thursday, I started my next Carolyn's Meadow kit - this one is Lupine. I really like the patterns, but hate sorting out the threads to start. Still not convinced I have exactly the right colours, but I think it looks okay anyways. Not a priority project, but nice to have something little to cart around.

No comments: