Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A busy week

It's been a busy week for crafts this past week, since everyone went home after Christmas. It was nice to have a week off after the visitors to relax. Too bad, back to work tomorrow.


As planned, I got a few hours stitching into my Regatta piece. When I started this (2003?) I don't think I realized just how big a project it was. At 183 x 143 solid stitches, there is a lot of work in it for me. The blended threads and confetti stitches will slow me down a bit too. No wonder I abandoned this so quickly last time. I think I got as much done today as I'd done up to then. Not much of a picture so far, this is the top left bit of sky, so for comparison the finished work. Good thing I didn't commit to finishing this one in January, although I should be able to get a few more hours in on it before moving to something else.









Both of my sisters-in-law have birthdays in January, so I today I made some cards too. It's always fun to see how different the same stamp/technique can look just with different colours.















Here's hoping I'll still be able to get some crafting done once I'm back at work - at least no coursework to go with it now.

No comments: